Tours and Travel to Jordan
See Jordan with a recognized expert!
2 Day Side Trip to Jordan from Israel
2 days, 1 night
Call for pricing.
You will be met and assisted at the Allenby Bridge border crossing then travel through the Jordanian countryside to Mt. Nebo where Moses viewed the Promised Land. Experience the spectacular panorama of the Jordan Valley, Jericho and the Judean Hills. From here you can also see the remains of a Byzantine Church with its impressive mosaic floors. Continue on to Madaba to visit the famous mosaic map of Palestine. Afterwards go into ancient Moab to visit the Kerak crusader castle before heading to Petra for overnight.
Enjoy a full day tour of Petra, the “Rose Red City. This incredible hidden city, inhabited by the ancient Nabateans, lay concealed from 100 AD until it was re-discovered in the early 1800’s. Take a horse ride to the “Siq” (Canyon) then walk into the valley to see the Treasury, carved in pink stone, and continue past the Roman Theatre, the Corinthian Tomb and the Palace Tomb. Afterwards transfer to the Araba Border for departure.
CITIES AND SITES TO BE VISITED:
Madaba, Mt. Nebo, Petra
- Accommodation at 4* hotel on bed and breakfast basis
- Assistance for your arrival and departure by a professional staff member inside the border
- Transportation by a modern, air-conditioned private car (or mini van for more than 5 passengers) with English speaking guide
- Entrance fees to the above sites
- Local guide and horse ride in Petra
- Visa and departure tax
- Tips for guide and driver (we usually recommend $3 or $4 for the driver and $7 for the guide-all per person, per day)
- Extras, drinks or meals
- Items of personal nature
*Can be upgraded, call for pricing.