8 Day Iran Tour
Visit the highlights of Iran on this 8 day tour. Book for travel any time in 2017*. Combine this tour with a tour of another country such as Armenia, Turkey, Jordan, the Emirates or Oman – just ask about a combination tour.
Day 1 Upon your arrival in Tehran in the evening, you will be met and assisted then transferred to your hotel for a short rest.
Day 2 After breakfast you will visit Tehran’s museums including the Archaeological museum, followed by visits to the Glass and Carpet museums. Both of these museums showcase Islamic arts in glass, pottery, and carpet making. In the evening transfer to the domestic airport for your flight to Shiraz. Transfer to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 3 After breakfast you will visit the tombs of the poets Saadi and Hafez, and the beautiful Eram Garden. Continue to visit the famous Vakil Complex, which includes an extensive bazaar, a bath, and mosque. It extends from near the Isfahan Gate to where the Bazaars of the old city of Shiraz begin, and it comprises arched alcoves with wide platforms in between, and seventy-four high and well-proportioned arches sustaining the roof, and there is a high domed crossing, where the east and west bazaars diverge from the main bazaar. Several of the main arches, and a number of intervening alcoves of the Vakil Bazaar, which were used as shops, were demolished when the Zand Avenue was extended eastwards. Dinner and overnight in Shiraz.
Day 4 Today after an early morning breakfast we check out of our hotel and drive towards Isfahan, with stops at Persepolis, site of the several palaces of Iran’s great Achaemenid kings, Darius the Great, Xerexes and Artaxerxes. We will also visit Naghsh-e-Rostam to visit the Kabe-e-Zardosht (fire temple/sanctuary), and Royal Tombs of Achaemenid kings, plus seven magnificent Sassanian rock-reliefs. Continue to Isfahan, arriving late in the afternoon, and we see the city by night and then go to our hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 5 Today enjoy a city tour of the beautiful city of Isfahan. Visit the Armenian Quarter and the important Cathedral of Vank. Afterwards you will visit one of the world’s biggest squares – the Maidan-e-Naghsh-e-Jahan. The complex has several sites to visit including the A’li-Qapu Palace with its enchanting music rooms and balcony overlooking the Maidan, from where the Safavid Kings watched polo games, and two of Islamic world’s greatest mosques – the Sheikh Lotfollah and the Shah – with magnificent architecture and tile work. We will finish with a visit to the Qeisarieh Bazaar with hundreds of shops displaying the arts and handicrafts for which Isfahan is world famous. Overnight in Isfahan.
Day 6 Continue sightseeing Isfahan, with visits to the Chehel Sotoon, or Palace of 40 Columns, and some of Isfahan’s famous historical bridges. End the day with another visit to the Maidan for some free time. Overnight in Isfahan.
Day 7 After an early breakfast drive to Tehran via Kashan. Here you will visit the beautiful and historic Fin Garden and the city of Kashan. Continue on to Tehran for overnight.
Day 8 Transfer to IKA (Imam Khomeini Airport) for departure flight.
End of Services
Prices per person, based on double occupancy:
|# of People||2017 / 2018|
|2 Pax||Travel by sedan||$3935 / $4345|
|2 Pax||Travel by van||$4300 / $4775|
|4 – 5 Pax||Travel by van||$3085 / $3350|
|6 – 8 Pax||Travel by minibus||$2690 / $2900|
Single Supplement: $580/ $665
*Please note: Tour not available March 18 – April 2, 2018 due to Iranian New Year Holidays. Prices based on evening arrival on day 1 and morning departure on day 8.
- Visa authorization
- Full-board accommodation in 3-5 star hotels, breakfast at hotels, lunch and dinner at best available local restaurants, or hotels
- All land transportation via air conditioned sedan/bus/minivan
- All transfers to/from airport, from/to hotel (one day 1 arrival transfer and one day 8 departure transfer are included – if more are needed please call for prices)
- All portages and entrance fees for main sites and excursions
- Highly-qualified English-speaking guide and local guides in Shiraz and Isfahan (if applicable)
- International air
- Domestic air in Iran $105 (subject to change until booked and issued)
- Visa and processing fee ($200)
- Personal expenses such as room service, telephone/fax calls, laundry, dry cleaning, etc.
- Optional tours or entrance fees not shown on the itinerary
- Refreshments, snacks, etc., en route or during meals, caviar at any meals
- Fuel surcharges, if any
- Tips for guides ($20), drivers ($10), and drivers’ assistant ($5) – amounts are only suggestions and are per person, per day
- Trip insurance