Jordan Humanitarian Project
March 20 – 30, 2015 | $2245 pp/do, land only | Single supplement: $540
As part of our effort to give back to the countries we visit we will be combining a humanitarian mission trip and tour of Jordan with our non-profit partner Salaam Cultural Museum. For the last 2 years SCM has been organizing medical and humanitarian missions to Jordan to help the displaced Syrians there. To learn more about SCM please visit their website www.salaamculturalmuseum.org. All proceeds will go back into SCM’s humanitarian relief projects.
March 20: Welcome to Jordan! You will be met and assisted upon your arrival at Queen Alia International Airport, then transfer to Amman for overnight at the Regency Palace Hotel.
March 21 – 26: Humanitarian projects at various camps and villages throughout northern Jordan. Activities will include a day at the Malki-SCM Children’s Center, distribution of goods we have collected for the refugees including clothing, medicines, blankets, school supplies, and other humanitarian supplies, assisting with the medical mission clinic set up and organization.
March 27: After breakfast, visit Madaba, known for its ancient mosaics, followed by a visit to Mt. Nebo where Moses is said to have looked out over the Promised Land he could not enter. Continue on to the crusader fortress of Kerak then on to Petra for dinner and overnight at Beit Zaman.
March 28: After breakfast, enjoy a full day of sightseeing in Petra. Ride a horse to the entrance to the canyon, then walk to see the Treasury, and the rest of the site including the amphitheater and if you are up to it hike up to the Monastery. Late in the afternoon return to Amman for overnight.
March 29: After breakfast, we will head north of Amman to visit the Roman city of Jerash, followed by a visit to Ajloun, known for its Islamic architecture, then we will end our sightseeing day with a visit to Um Qais, another Greco-Roman city that overlooks the Golan Heights, Tiberias and Sea of Galilee. Return to Amman for overnight.
March 30: After breakfast, we will visit Bethany, the home of John the Baptist and the place where he baptized Christ. Afterwards head to the Dead Sea for lunch and swimming and then back to Amman for dinner at local restaurant and transfer to the airport for your flight home. (Please note: Most flights connecting in Europe depart Amman after midnight but you will transfer to the airport before midnight on the 30th – your flight date will be the 31st. You can reserve your hotel room for the night of the 30th at an additional charge if your flight goes later or you would like to return to your room after the day at the Dead Sea.)
End of services
Hotels: 9 nts in Amman Regency Palace; 1 nt in Petra Beit Zaman
- Meet and assist upon arrival and departure
- Mission expense fee
- Accommodation as mentioned above, bed and breakfast in Amman with 3 dinners during the mission, and half board for sightseeing days and in Petra
- Transportation by A/C modern van with English speaking driver
- Entrance fees to all mentioned sites
- Horse ride in Petra, local guides in Petra and Jerash
- Tips for drivers during the mission
- Air fare
- Visa $60 USD on arrival
- Tips for the driver and guides during sightseeing
- Extras, optional tours, personal expenses
- Trip insurance
- Meals not listed
- Visas are obtained on arrival – if 5 or more people arrive together on the same flight the visa fee is waived, otherwise it is $60USD (40 Jordanian dinars)
- All proceeds will be donated to Salaam Cultural Museum as part of our humanitarian outreach in addition to the mission work
- If any of the participants are able to carry extra luggage with humanitarian donations, we will provide you with a letter from SCM asking the airline to waive the extra bag fee