Imperial Cities of Morocco Tour
7 Day tour of Rabat, Meknes, Fes, and Marrakesh!
Pricing and Departure Dates
Low Season: $775 4* hotel / $1060 5* hotel pp/do
Single Supplement: $275 / $340
2018: Jun 3, 10, 17, 24
Shoulder Season: $885 4* hotel / $1165 5* hotel pp/do
Single Supplement: $285 / $355
2018: Jun 30, Jul 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; Aug 5, 12, 19, 26; Sep 2, 9, 16, 23
High Season: $995 4* hotel / $1295 5* hotel pp/do
Single Supplement: $315 / $385
2018: Mar 4, 11, 18, 25; Apr 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; May 6, 13, 20, 27; Sep 30; Oct 7, 14, 21, 28
Minimum 2 people for departure. Prices are per person, double occupancy, land only.
DAY 1/Sun Casablanca – Rabat
Arrive at Casablanca airport. Be met and set off on a tour of Rick’s city – Casablanca, the business capitol of Morocco. See the Medina, the Mohamed V Square, the Central Market, the Royal Palace grounds, the Habbous quarter, and the United Nations’ Place. Drive through the residential area of Anfa and the beautiful Ain Diab Corniche meandering along the Atlantic Coast, bordered with swimming pools and restaurants. Depart for Rabat, the “Imperial Garden City” and also the administrative capitol of the kingdom. Our sightseeing tour includes the Kasbah of the Oudayas, the Hassan Tower and Mosque, the splendid Mohamed V Mausoleum and the Mechouar – the ramparts and walls surrounding the Royal Palace. Late in the afternoon, check in to your hotel and enjoy a welcome cup or Moroccan tea. Dinner and overnight in Rabat.
DAY 2/Mon Rabat – Meknes – Fez
Depart Rabat for Fez. Along the way stop in Meknes, the “Moroccan Versailles,” founded at the end of the 17th century by Moulay Ismail, a contemporary of France’s Louis XIV. Our exploration of this area includes the Bab El Mansour, considered to be the finest gateway in Morocco, the Hari Souani, the Moulay’s stables,and the new and old Medinas. Continue on to the sacred Islamic town of Moulay Idriss, followed by a visit a visit to the Roman site of Volubilis. Continue to Fez for dinner and overnight.
DAY 3/Tues Fez
This morning, explore Fez, the oldest of the Imperial Cities, known for its spiritual and educational contributions to Moroccan culture. Visit the Medieval Medina, the religious Islamic universities known as Merdersas, the Karouine Mosque and the Nejjerine Fountain. Dinner and overnight in Fez.
DAY 4/Weds Fez – Beni-Mellal – Marrakesh
Leave Fes for a scenic journey through the Atlas Mountains stopping along the way at Ifrane, a ski resort, for a break. Lunch will be along the way, in Beni Mellal. Continue to Marrakesh, the “Pearl of the South” and second oldest Imperial City. Founded by the Almoravides at the end of the 11th century, its nestled in a lush oasis at the foot of the snow-capped Atlas Mountains. Dinner and overnight in Marrakesh.
DAY 5/Thurs Marrakesh
After breakfast enjoy a full day exploring Marrakesh, sightseeing throughout this historic city including the Koutoubia Mosque and gardens, the Saadien Tombs, and the Bahia Palace. Lunch at the hotel. This afternoon, walk through the colorful souks with their wealth of treasures, the famous Djemaa El Fna Square filled with fascinating characters, fortune tellers, merchants, story tellers, snake charmers, and tame monkeys, to name a few! In the evening enjoy an optional ($35 per person supplement) farewell dinner at Chez Ali Restaurant, situated in the outskirts of the city. Sit under big caidal tents, enjoy a traditional Moroccan meal, and watch music and dance performances representing different regions of Morocco. At the end of dinner, a show will produce a camel caravan with a belly dancer, a fantasia, and a show of horse riding. Dinner and overnight in Marrakesh.
DAY 6/Fri Marrakesh – Casablanca
After breakfast, morning free at leisure for personal exploration or relaxation by the pool of the hotel. Checkout by noon and depart to Casablanca via Settat. Arrival at the hotel, check – in, dinner and overnight. Guests have the option to stay overnight in Marrakesh at no additional charge if they are flying out of Marrakesh.
DAY 7/Sat Departure
Depart for the airport and your onward journey.
- Accommodations sharing double room on half-board basis (breakfast and dinner)
- Air conditioned motor coach with microphone
- A fully licensed multi-lingual (English & Spanish) guide
- All applicable entrance fees for tours and sites on the itinerary
- Air fare
- Personal expenses such as room service, mini bar charges, telephone/fax calls, laundry, dry cleaning, etc.
- Optional tours or entrance fees not shown on the itinerary
- Refreshments, alcoholic beverages, snacks, etc., en route or during meals
- Tips for guide and driver (we usually recommend $5 for the driver and $10 for the guide, per person per day)
- Holiday supplement for December 25 and January 1 departures: 4* hotel option is $60 and 5* option is $75
Hotels to be used:
- Rabat: Belere 4* / La Tour Hassan 5*
- Fes: Royal Mirage Fes 4* / Fes Marriott Jnan Palace 5*
- Marrakesh: Atlas Asni 4* / Atlas Medina & Spa 5*
- Casablanca: Idou Anfa 4* / Kenzi Tower 5*
- Diffa Fantasia Dinner Show in Marrakesh is $35 per person
- Full board supplement for 5 lunches at $150
- Holiday supplement for the Dec 24 and 31 departures are $60 for the 4* option and $75 for the 5* hotel option
- New Year’s Eve dinner compulsory on Dec 31st. supplement is $4* – $135 and 5* – $170
- Last night of the tour can be used in Marrakesh instead of Casablanca without supplement