At this time, the travel restrictions to Egypt include the following:
- All passengers travelling to Egypt (including Egyptians) must be in possession of negative PCR test certificate for COVID-19, taken at a maximum of 72 hours before their flight departure time.
- Passengers travelling from Japan, China, Thailand, North America, South America, Canada, London Heathrow, Paris, and Frankfurt will be allowed to provide the test certificate performed at a maximum of 96 hours prior to flight departure, due to the long travel and transit period from these airports.
- Travelers must present paper copies of the test results; digital copies will not be accepted.
- Children under the age of six of all nationalities are exempt.
- Incoming tourists must show proof of health insurance upon arrival.
Please note these rules are subject to change. We encourage you to monitor the US Embassy and State Department websites regarding travel to Egypt, or any other destination you have in mind. Some of these rules may lessen as time goes by.
You can also get more information at this page from CNN: https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/egypt-travel-covid-19/index.html