Caravan-Serai Tours is known for our expertise in travel and tours to the Middle East and North Africa, but we also provide the same services to other destinations. And in light of the current situation in the Middle East we are looking for additional destinations that our clients might be interested. Last month, Rita Zawaideh, owner of Caravan-Serai Tours, explored the Galapagos Islands and Ecuador on an 11 day excursion and we have decided that, based on her overwhelmingly positive experience there, we would offer this tour to you.
The tour begins in Quito with a city tour then you fly to the islands for 5 days before returning to the mainland. More sightseeing and discovery await you in the cities of Cuenca and Guayaquil before the tour ends back in Quito. To see the full itinerary, click here.
Ecuador is an amazingly easy destination to get to, and has much to offer visitors. From the ancient Inca civilization to Spanish colonial architecture next to modern architecture, you will be delighted at every turn. Rita remarked on the great hotels, with one reminding her of an Arab boutique hotel in its design! She also found an Arab restaurant run by man from Damascus.
The food is amazing with plenty of fresh seafood on the islands (fresh lobster for lunch!) and international cuisine available on the mainland. Shopping is a paradise for those who love to explore the markets and you can even have a shaman banish any bad spirits that may be plaguing you.
Some things to keep in mind on this tour:
- US passport holders do not need a visa to travel to Ecuador.
- The cities on the mainland on the tour are at high elevations except for Guayaquil, which is very close to sea level. Quito is at 9,350 ft above sea level, Cuenca is at 8,399 ft, and the Cajas National Park ranges from 10,250 ft to 14,460 ft above sea level. You will see an amazing variety of flora and fauna, glacial lakes, mountain peaks, and more here, but be aware that the elevation may cause altitude sickness. It can dissipate with time, and you need to take it easy until you are sure of how you will react to the higher elevations.
- The currency used in Ecuador is the US Dollar. Ecuador has minted its own coins, but the US greenback is used everywhere since September 2000.
- Major credit cards are accepted in most places, but ATMs that will process international transactions are only in the main cities.
- When you pack for your tour to Ecuador and the Galapagos you will need to pack for the beach and for colder high altitude weather. Bring a jacket, long pants, your swimsuit, and a hat. We will have a more comprehensive packing list for you, but just keep in mind that this tour is going to cover a lot of climate!
Call our office to book this tour for departure any time. Minimum for departure is just 2 people. So go as a couple or family, or if you would like to organize a group larger than 6 people, we can get a quote for you.
I have called this principle, by which each slight variation, if useful, is preserved, by the term of Natural Selection.